Buffalo needs are a thing and I have them. This recipe does it for me without busting my caloric budget. Contrary to what all the vegan food blogs are saying, for me, these cauliflower “wings” are not a replacement for real chicken, but they are insanely good in their own right. If you try them with an open mind, you’ll see what I mean.
1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 cups milk (unsweetened soy, almond or cashew milk may be used)
1 cup Frank’s Wing Sauce
3/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot or Tabasco and 1/4 cup melted Butter or Margarine.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF
- Prepare a large cookie sheet with cooking spray or oil and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all of the batter ingredients until it forms a batter slightly thinner than pancake batter.
- Dip the cauliflower pieces one by one into the batter, coat well and let the excess batter drain off before placing them 1/2 inch apart on the greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes total, flipping them halfway through cooking.
- While the cauliflower bakes, prepare your sauce in a large bowl.
- When the cauliflower is done toss them straight into the sauce, carefully stir or toss to coat.
- Optional: For extra crispy cauliflower, after coating in sauce, return to the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Break out the Bleu Cheese/Ranch.
Eat guilt free.
Note: If you really want to guild the lily and don’t mind a few extra calories, deep fry your cauliflower bites at 350º for 4-8 minutes, drain excess oil in a strainer or on paper towels and toss in sauce while they’re still screaming hot. Extra incredible.
Love this recipe?
Thank you for your support!